http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Pension Plan Puppets: Quick Thought

Every Leafs fan has an opinion. Here's mine: We are all Pension Plan Puppets. The Teachers pull the strings and we dance.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quick Thought

The next big dates for the Leafs are the opening of free agency on July 1st and the 2007 draft. In that vein, I saw this video on Deadspin and thought that this might provide some cheer during the playoffs (until Vancouver, Ottawa, and Calgary are eliminated). The Leafs have certainly improved their drafting in recent years but they still had some dogs but nothing like what NY Jets fans have suffered. I love the booing as soon as they hear the position of the player being drafted or that guy that says that maybe the Jets management knew something that no one else did that made bypassing DAN MARINO make sense or seeing them pick a tight end instead of Warren Sapp.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Margee said...

As a Jets fan, this is heartbreaking.

The very name "Kyle Brady" still sends chills down my spine. I used to run into him around my hometown, and even as a middle schooler, I'd narrow my eyes at him.

And I was at a concert last year, and someone introduced me to Ken O'Brien and I practically snarled.

11:33 AM

 
Blogger PPP said...

The first time I saw that video I was in shock. That sums up the Jets' history perfectly. You could probably make a pretty sad one for the Leafs too. Paging Luca Cereda!

2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home