Everybody Loves Toronto
From the same guy that brought us the mockery of a survey that ESPN released Mirtle dug up a players survey from The Hockey News. Here are some highlights:
If you could play for any NHL team (other than your own), which would you choose?
- Toronto Maple Leafs (34) 14.4%
- New York Rangers (29) 12.3%
- Detroit Red Wings (19) 8%
- Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks (18) 7.6%
- Dallas Stars (15) 6.3%
- Colorado Avalanche and Montreal Canadiens (14) 5.9%
- Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning (10) 4.2%
- Phoenix Coyotes (9) 3.8%
- Calgary Flames (8) 3.4%
- Anaheim Ducks and Florida Panthers (5) 2.1%
- Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators and Pittsburgh Penguins (4) 1.7%
- Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks (3) 1.2%
- Boston Bruins and Buffalo Sabres (2) 0.85%
- Carolina Hurricane and Edmonton Oilers (1) 0.42%
What is an appropriate penalty for fighting?
1) 5 minutes (273) 97%
Would you rather see a fourth-line roster spot go to:
1) An enforcer (177) 66%
These guys must really like the enforcers on their team to close ranks and protect their jobs like this. Will this take the wind out of the fighting is useless brigade?
Would you consider a shorter regular season knowing it would mean 10 to 15 per cent less revenue from gate receipts?
1) No (175) 63%
Looks like players AND owners are just as greedy. A shortened season would be better for fans but who cares about them.
Who is the best player in the NHL this season?
10) Erik Cole, Pavel Datsyuk, Rory Fitzpatrick, Eric Goddard, Josh Green, Jarome Iginla, Mike Modano, Ryan Miller, Brian Rolston and Henrik Zetterberg (1) 0.38%
How did Rory Fitzpatrick's mom get a vote?
Who is the most respected player in the NHL?
7) Teemu Selanne and Mats Sundin (2) 0.76%
Guess who was not on that list? Your Swedish Captain but he shows up on a later list ;)
Who is the most overrated player in the NHL?
10) Darcy Tucker (2) 1%
11) Daniel Alfredsson (1) 0.5%
Sure, the Leafs have FOUR guys in the top 10 (McCabe, Kubina, Gill (?!), and Tucker) but it is worth it to see YSC's name in there.
What’s the best thing about your job?
9) Women (5) 2%
10) Naps (3) 1.2%
I agree, naps are awesome but so are women. If you figure that Pronger is one of those five votes, who had the rest? Despite Spezza's vote, giggling was not listed.
What’s the worst thing about your job?
12) Backchecking (2) 0.81%
14) Cam Janssen (1) 0.4%
These answers are the easiest to identify: Alex Ovechkin, Alex Semin, and Tomas Kaberle.
Labels: Random Fun