http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Pension Plan Puppets: My Contribution to the Blogosphere

Every Leafs fan has an opinion. Here's mine: We are all Pension Plan Puppets. The Teachers pull the strings and we dance.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Contribution to the Blogosphere

Hello and welcome to my blog about the Toronto Maple Leafs. As a boy growing up in Ontario pre-sens (they get no capital letters) was there any other team to support?

There's a story I like to tell to show how dedicated and passionate a fan I have always been. This is in contrast to 4 of the other 5 Canadian teams whose fans LOVE the bandwagon (I'm looking at you Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver).

I was 5 years old and watching my beloved Leafs get their butts kicked all over the ice by the Flames (in their late 80s Battle of Alberta heyday). My father, another big fan but a bit quicker to lose patience, had seen enough and called the poor Leafs clowns. I lost it. I turned to my father and, with what he termed the angriest face he had ever seen me make, intoned 'YOU ARE A CLOWN!' Needless to say, the game was over for me but my love for the Leafs was well established.

This blog will feature links to articles relating to the Leafs as well as my opinions. Sometimes I'll include the thoughts of two friends with whom I spend a lot of time e-mailing at work. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title of this blog is strange. While Teachers' do control the Leafs, and has been an owner since '94, the team has been very competitive in that time. Specifically, you would have to back to the 70s to find a more successful club. In fact I think the Leafs have been closer to the cup under the ownership of the late Steve Stavro/Teachers' than Ballard ever was.

If you want someone to bash, I would suggest taking a look at minority owner and Board chairman Larry Tanenbaum or CEO Richard Peddie.

1:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home